Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Holy Grey Yarn Batman!

Sooo, I realized this evening that my yarn stash is beginning to develop a pattern. That pattern (lately) has been grey. Let me take a moment to introduce you to my happy grey family:

Starting from the left, we have Cascade 22o in Silver Grey. This yarn's destiny includes a second go at the hat Gretel, since I love making the first one so much, I want to try doing it again in a different size with worsted weight yarn. As we travel around the back we see 5 skeins of Rowan Ribbon twist in Rocky. Their destiny has not yet been established. I keep changing my mind. I used two to make my Mercy hat, so a lot of sweaters went out the window at that point. If you know of any good projects that call for 5 or less of this yarn, let me know!

Next, on the far right, we have a ball of Rowan kidsilk Haze in Pearl. This ball represents quite a problem because, due to my skin sensitivity, I have an intense reaction if anything (we're talking anything) irritates or scratches my skin. It basically has to be made into a gifted item-but that's exciting! The next yarn selection we have is Malabrigo worsted in color Polar Morn. This yarn has Le Slouch in its future.

Last, but certainly not least, we have beautiful early Hanukah present from my parents! Tilli Tomas silk (3 skeins Pure & Simple, 2 skeins Disco Lights) in Atmosphere. This present came as such a shock (for those of you who aren't familiar with my longing for this yarn, read here , or just scroll down). My mom said that even though I was waiting until I was "established & successful" to make this sweater, that I'd need something to wear while I'm getting there. Gotta love parents for knowing you better than you know yourself sometimes. So, there you have it. My stash is grey and growing!

3 comments:

  1. That Tilli Tomas is lovely stuff. Enjoy knitting your SKB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, so many possibilities. I do know there is a scarf in that Ribbon Twist pattern book that is really cute...it has bobbles! Or what about a cute shrug?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're destined twins, you know that? I'm picking up the yarn for Gretel today, and I was reading your post. Weird. AND I want to go on a grey kick. Your yarn is making me jealous!

    ReplyDelete