Sunday, August 10, 2008

Right under our noses

Has anyone else ever noticed that despite how long you've lived in an area, there remain to be things that just pop up out of the blue to remind you that you don't, in fact, know everything?

For example, a few weeks ago, my sister-in-law discovered that there is an Alpaca farm less that 5 miles from where we live. Say whaaaat? Armed with mapquest directions and a hesitance to this place actually existing, we set out on our way. Not only does this place exist, but it ended up being pretty darn awesome. Behold, a few candids from our trip to Apple Orchard Alpacas.

ohymygosh. cute.


why, hello!


uh. dorable.


Friendship transcending species.



Sneak attack!



HAH!



Highlight of my week. No, make that summer.


As you might have guessed, we had a great visit. Not only was the farm gorgeous, but both the animals and owners were [very] patient with us as we snapped all of these pictures. As if playing with the cute animals wasn't enough, I also made my first fiber purchase--but more on that in weeks to come. For now, hopefully the abundance of cute things above will distract you from the lack of knitting photos. I promise, those are soon to come too!

19 comments:

  1. Ahh I love alpacas! They are seriously in my top five list of cutest animals ever. It is awesome that you found that farm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just love the expressions on their faces! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great photos! And, a great discovery in your backyard.... I think that would fast become one of my favorite places!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 5 miles?! What a hidden gem. I just love those alpacas. Could the be any cuter?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha, I just love the ones with the little tuft of hair on their heads, like a bad wig!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I'm so jealous! Of course, if this place is only five miles away from your house, it's can't be too far away from me too, correct? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love alpacas. I am currently knitting on a new project of alpaca myself which I purchased from the rancher in Colorado. I don't get much knitting done, since I spend so much time petting my fiber! Hope you got some yarn as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. omg so cute

    I want one I want one

    ReplyDelete
  9. they're adorable! how did you manage to not smuggle one out with you?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. jealous. Alpacas are soooo adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, Rachel...Thanks so much for the lovely post. The pictures are wonderful! You are welcome to visit anytime, then you won't have to "smuggle" one out. Good luck at school.

    ReplyDelete
  12. how fun!! and what a great discovery...=) love the first photo.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've also recently discovered there is an alpaca farm on the way to my parents' house. I HAVE to go someday! Alpacas are so cute I think they are not of this earth. They're like muppets or something! Great pix!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The alpacas are super cute! There's an alpaca farm near where I live...I wonder if they'd let me visit...=]

    ReplyDelete
  15. they are so cute. you have a great blog here!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awwww....what sweet animals!!! Looks like such a fun time :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. They just have the sweetest little faces!!!

    ReplyDelete