Sunday, March 1, 2009

When yarn speaks, I listen

Though this isn't a FO post, it is a rather exciting one for you fiber addicts out there! This past Friday, my mom and I did some serious mother/daughter retail bonding at our favorite yarn shop--it was fantastic.

One of the highlights is the yarn pictured - it is [10 skeins of] Rowan Felted Tweed and it's going to be made into a longerish-length Minimalist Cardigan. Have you ever just had yarn speak to you? Well, this yarn said:

"rachel, please knit me into a wonderfully tweedy grandpa sweater"

So I listened.

More finished goodies to come soon!

12 comments:

  1. Haha, I always love your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great picture! Have fun knitting that cardigan. I can't wait to see how this yarn knits up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun photo! I can't wait to see the cardigan, it'll be beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that's a picture you'd see in a magazine. You amaze me everytime. Can't wait to see what those 10 look like in the grandpa cardigan

    ReplyDelete
  5. You cannot have balanced all those skeins! :D What id inside then?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pic! :D And yummy color too…

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the photo and can't wait to see the finished product. It looks like a great color for you too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yes, this yarn is for sure speaking. Love the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yarn speaks to me all the time. It's a big problem considering I work in a yarn store.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I thought those were cinnamon buns at first glance.... nice.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a very impressive picture. :D Makes me want to get some sweater amounts of yarn... mostly I've been sticking to 1- or 2-skein lace shawls and socks recently. Better for the pocket, but you don't get a big bag of yarn that you can swim in. :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love your enthusiasm for knitting & yarn :)

    ReplyDelete