Wednesday, January 2, 2008

A project of Firsts

I'm not usually one to shy away from new knitting techniques or items in general, and this project is proof of me embracing this statement. I was, admittedly, avoiding double pointed needles until this project. I love (love) magic loop knitting for projects in the round, and honestly have never needed double pointed for anything until now. Until now. I've decided to try my hand at socks! My reason for avoiding sock knitting for so long was different than my reason for avoiding double pointed needles. I knew that once I started knitting socks I would love them and never want to stop. This, for someone who is a compulsive project starter, isn't necessarily the best thing. Regardless, I decided to tackle these new skills to see what I come up with. Here are the stats:

Yarn: 2 skeins of Claudia's handpainted sock yarn in Sea Dreams
Pattern: Embossed Leaves socks from Interweave's Favorite Socks
Needles: set of 5 US 3 double pointed needles
Size: Rachel-foot size

I have 2 of the lace repeats done so far and I'm loving it. One more to go until I turn my first heel--Yikes!

Ooooh! and no ladders so far! (knock on wood)

No comments:

Post a Comment