Saturday, June 7, 2008

Instant Gratification

In reference to my last post, I will try to post more photos once I can have a proper photoshoot with my mom modeling her new shawl--we've both just been crazy busy lately. In the mean time, cast your eyes on a glorious piece of instant gratification knitting -boy did it feel good!Pattern: Jenny Cloche [rav]
Designer: Julia Madill
Yarn of Choice: 1.1 skeins Malabrigo Bulky in Bobby Blue
Needles: US 10 Addi Turbos
Time to knit: probably about 2 hours
Level of love: high

I seriously can't handle how in love with this hat I am. I was taken by the pattern since the day it was introduced, and boy- it pains me that I waited as long as I did to make it. And yes, the side bow really is that huge (Put it this way, it's sized a la Carrie Bradshaw). Cool thing is, it can be removed easily and worn with decorative pins or a knitted buckle-like option that Julia included in the pattern. This hat will be a staple among staples for holiday knitting in the upcoming years--bravo Julia!

Oh, and...

Puppy in T minus 13 hours (!)

13 comments:

  1. This is so darling! I love the color as well. Some instant gratification would be nice. I just spend the last two hours seaming up a cardigan and I'm nowhere near done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colour looks fantastic on you! One of these days I'll have to try the wonderful malabrigo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I may have had about five spelling errors in my first comment. It was so bad that it didn't even make sense. Here we go again: When I saw you at Iris I was trying to picture what a hat with a huge bow on the side of your head would look like, but now I totally get it! It suits you perfectly! (I would imagine...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't tell you how exciting it is to see my pattern knit by someone I don't know (you know, personally). You did a great job and it looks awesome! (And for the record, I think you can totally pull off the Carrie-size bow!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fabulous! How can you not feel like Carrie Bradshaw wearing that!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too cute... That is a fashion statement!

    ReplyDelete
  7. that cloche is AWESOME!

    i wish it was still cold enough in california to justify making one. super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This hat looks great on you. I love the big bow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I heart this so much! It had me at the ginormous bow. And how cute do you look in it?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is too cute! LOVE the bow detail :)

    ReplyDelete