Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008 - A year of Knitting in Review

The obligatory FO photo mosaic:


I managed to pack in 20 finished projects for 2008. They included:
  • 1 sweater
  • 2 cowls
  • 2 lace shawls
  • 1 pair of mittens
  • 3 pieces of miscellanea
  • and, of course, the 11 hats
I'm feeling very good about what I was able to produce over the course of the year. In 2009, I plan to challenge myself with my knitting, test my hand at designing, and make time to knit every day (even in the depths of my semesters). I think these three things are certainly both reasonable and achievable. I'm also in the process of building myself a brand new website (a holiday present I purchased for myself this year!). The launch of that site will be seen sometime within the next year--I will obviously be keeping everyone posted!

Lastly, special thank yous and well wishes to the wonderful support of all the fabulous knitters, crafters, and passerbyers that have stopped by in 2008. In my opinion, the knit-blogging community is one of the most friendly and supportive groups out there; thank you for making me feel a part of it. Looks like that's a wrap for this year, I'll be back soon in the new year!

9 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! I can't wait to see what you're going to be able to do with your own website.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should keep better track of my stuff, what a great set of items you have made...Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure if I've ever commented before, but I just wanted to drop a line saying that I always love seeing your knits, they're all so beautiful. I can't wait to see what you do with your new website.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I stole your knitting mosaic idea. At least, I saw you do it first. :) Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy crap. I thought about doing a 2008 wrap-up until I realized how sad it would look all piled together. Cries. I need to knit more often.

    ReplyDelete