Monday, November 23, 2009

This just in!

Ladies and gents, we interrupt this series of knitting flashbacks to bring you something current! Yep, hot off the needles, here is my most recent creation:
OOOooo...Ahhhh!
Pattern: Emerald Mitts
Designer: Lucy Sweetland
Yarn: Knit Picks Palette - Ash
Needles: US # 4
Time to Knit: 8 days here and there--a fun little project!
Made for: What's that you say? A supreeez??
Modifications: The most noticeable modification I made was knitting the rows following the bobbles tbl instead of through the front. Also, I decreased one stitch on row 16 of the chart by p2tog in the first stitch, then doing a P2K2 ribbing around the mitten except the design in the front. Lastly, I must have misread the directions for the thumb gusset on the left mitt, because it looks completely different than the right. Regardless of the change, they both fit perfectly.

How about a close-up obligatory "mitts holding tea" shot? Oh look, here it is:
Huzzah! It was a fun and speedy project--I'm pleased with the final result and excited to get them to their mystery owner. Muaha. I love knitting surprises!

Oh, and here it is Raveled!

12 comments:

  1. Love that tea shot! Smart mitts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So great, I love them! I think I have that pattern in middle of my epic queue somewhere, I might have to prioritise it, they are so cute! Tea looks good too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love these!! I want them! can i, can i, have them, can i? I want them. Buy, with money! Please!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very nice detail at the end of your fingerless mittens.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice mitts! I've been meaning to try my hand at a pair (never attempted hand wear before!) Your photos give me inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely! I wasn't a fan of the other versions I've seen but what you've made have me convinced :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post as for me. I'd like to read more concerning this theme. Thnx for giving this info.
    Joan Stepsen
    Computer geek

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful photography as always! I just wanted to let you know I linked to you on my blog as part of the Sunshine Awards :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I queued them on Ravelry they are so cool! I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just found your blog - love it :)

    ReplyDelete